Proposals are required only for city owned property. Please see property listing for specific locations.
Those interested in submitting a proposal for a property in the Artist Relocation Program will be required to do a minimum of the following:
- Purchase price offer for property.
- Intended use of the property complete with any necessary documentation such as business plan, resume, portfolio, etc.
- Detailed rehab plans in which all changes and improvements necessary meet code requirements as well as provide for the intended use. Please note that Historic Design Guidelines must be adhered to as well.
- Detailed illustrations of floor plans and use of space.
- Front, side and rear elevations of exterior facades including any significant architectural details. Drawings/Renderings must be large, clear, and detailed.
- Firm third party professional (engineer, architect, knowledgeable & experienced contractor[s]) estimate of the entire costs for rehab. Estimate should be broken down by cost centers and include a total. At least two estimates are recommended.
- Estimated firm timeline indicating the duration of the project from start to finish. We require start time for projects to take place within 90 days of deed transfer and completion of project to be within 24 months.
- Proof of financial ability to complete the project in an amount matching the estimated costs. Proof must be in the form of a letter of credit, loan commitment, proof of cash on hand, or some other proof of financial ability acceptable to the city. Grants or special financing must be listed, but cannot count toward financial ability unless a copy of the award notice or other acceptable guarantee is provided.
- Priority for start to finish projects, which address the entire structure(s).
- Priority for owner occupied properties.
- Priority for uses which contribute to the Arts District or which otherwise serve the highest and best use of the property in the opinion of the board.
- Priority for proposals that retain and incorporate the significant exterior and interior architectural features of the property.
- Proposal must be delivered sealed.
Mail or hand-deliver proposals to:
Paducah Planning Department
300 South 5th Street
Paducah, KY 42003
Note: The Paducah Planning Department retains the right to deny any application for any reason.